Mindful Anxiety Management for Student Wellbeing is the creation of Grammy-nominated singer, yoga and meditation teacher, Carmella Baynie from Sydney, Australia. Carmella has extensive training, experience, and mastery in the fields of professional performance, the dramatic arts, martial arts, mindfulness, yoga and meditation, spanning over 35 years.
Carmella has facilitated hundreds of seminars, concerts, trainings, and workshops throughout Australia, NZ, South East Asia, Ireland, China and the USA. She has well over 30 years experience as a professional performer, teacher and practitioner across a broad platform of disciplines, dramatic arts, classical music, world music, mindful meditation, yoga and singing. Her ability to fuse this skill-set and provide bespoke mindful meditation and performance anxiety management programs for any purpose, make her a globally sought after facilitator. Carmella inspires students of all standards to reach their full potential.
In 1993, after leaving drama school, Carmella was signed by Westside Records, affiliated with the popular Channel 10 series E-Street which spawned a series of number one hits that injected a new lease of life into the ailing 90’s Australian music industry.
Just as Carmella prepared to launch the National release of the album ‘Song to The Earth’, the series was cancelled by the network and management and artist were forced to release as an independent. The album made the Top 20 across the country and was acclaimed by many in the industry. Carmella has learned to work with performance anxiety under many challenging circumstances. The integration of mindfulness and meditation has consistently enabled her conquer stage-fright, anxiety and lack of confidence.
Some highlights include ~
• Live television performances on Hey Hey It’s Saturday, Good Morning Australia, Rage, The Midday Show. Radio appearances on SBS, ABC, 2MMM. International Album release in Hong Kong, Singapore, Thailand, Malaysia, Japan and China throughout the 90’s.
• Live Performances, Beijing Confucius Academy. Bhaktifest ,California, I Heart Radio Singapore, Malaysia.
• Songwriter for SE Asian Pop Market throughout the 90’s.
• Performed as a support act for artists as diverse as Eartha Kitt, Darryl Braithwaite, Jenny Morris. Paul Capsis, Wendy Saddington, Urban Cookie Collective, Fiona Horne.
• Taught singing at Barrenjoey High School and Glenaeon Rudolf Steiner School, Sydney mentoring hundreds of students in HSC preparation, eisteddfods and performance exams.
• Recipient of 3 North Coast music industry (Dolphin Awards) including the city of Lismore Mayor’s Award for New Talent, The Golden Dolphin Award for Song of the Year and Contemporary Composition award.
• Received a Grammy Nomination for her vocal contribution to world music album Bhakti Without Borders.
• Four weeks cultural exchange in Kerala, South India. Musical cultural exchange with students in Trichur and at Food for Life School, in Vrindavan, India.
• Lifelong Learning Program facilitator. Teaching singing, yoga and relaxation to adults and children through Auburn City Council, Parramatta Council and Cumberland Councils.
• Classical singing performance studies with the Australian Musicians Examinations board. AMEB, completed All grades up to AMusA.
• PACT Theatre, ImPACT Ensemble Scholarship Course. Voice Coach.
• Emmaus Productions, Sacred Music workshops. Dublin, Tullow, Inishmore, Cork, Ireland
• Performer and Presenter at the Australian Yoga Expo and Mind Body Spirit Festivals Sydney and Melbourne.
• Enjoyed a decade-long series of summer tours all across China, with traditional instrumentalists in the Sacred Music genre.
• Trained children in voice at the National Confucius Academy in the Beijing mountains.
Some former students and clients include ~
Angus (of Angus and Julia) Stone, Rainee Blake (Nashville television series), Danny Ross (4th place in The Voice, 2017) Westpac Bank, The Disney Channel, Wesley Mission, ABC, Cancer Council NSW and Yoga Australia.